VP Disaster Recovery
Are you an experienced Disaster Recovery professional with experience implementing strategy? Do you want to work for a leading FinTech helping to develop and implement Disaster Recover & Business Continuity process? We are currently working with an exciting FinTech business looking for a Hands-on Head of Disaster Recovery to lead and grow the team responsible for developing and implementing Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity & Risk Management strategies across their global offices.
- Define and implement Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity & Risk Management processes globally across the business.
- Build a team of Subject Matter experts.
- Work with key stakeholders to identify acceptable levels of risk and ensure the business is protected by Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity best practice in the event of any incident.
- Create and establish a culture of disaster-preparedness by ensuring that global business units are aware of the correct process related to Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity.
- Lead all response and recovery activities in case of a major incident.
- Assess and audit third-party systems suppliers regarding business continuity processes and disaster recovery practices and provide alternatives if necessary.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience working in a similar Senior Disaster Recovery position.
- Experience working in a FinTech or “Tech-Driven” business is preferable.
- Thorough knowledge of industry-standard information security and Disaster Recovery best practices.
- Solid knowledge of chaos engineering to build systems that can withstand turbulent conditions.
- Familiarity with legacy and modern application architectures and related technologies, network protocols, and storage and backup services.
- Hands-on experience in Linux and cloud computing ideally AWS or GCP.
- Relevant certifications are desirable.
This role would be based in their Reading office and would require 2 days on-site per week.
The position comes with a base salary of up to £120,000 with a bonus of up to 10% amongst other benefits.