Risk Assurance Specialist
We are working with a truly global organisation to find an experienced Risk Assurance Specialist to come and join their team
The company in question is looking for a Risk Assurance Specialist with experience dealing with multiple business units, comfortable presenting and influencing a number of different stakeholders and ultimately with strong interpersonal skills enabling them to overcome these challenges.
The Risk Assurance Specialist will be required to carry out Gap Analysis and Risk Assessments across the organisation and present these findings to stakeholders whilst overseeing/monitoring the implementations of these changes.
Key Responsibilities for the Risk Assurance Specialist
- To help develop and improve the current Risk Management function across the business to ensure that all major business units have their residual risks identified, assessed, articulated, owned, managed, and tracked appropriately.
- To work with differing areas of the business, performing Gap Analysis and creating/implementing improved controls and strategies
- Monitor and ensure all controls implemented are effective to the business
- To help improve and manage the Risk Register
- To help manage and develop risk management tools and training.
- Operationalise all Risk Management strategies across the organisation
- Assist with the implementation of automation tools across the Risk and Assurance function
Desired Skills & Experience of the Risk Assurance Specialist
- Significant experience in working within risk management, embracing business and technolog
- Proven track record of implementing effective appropriate risk frameworks within global commercial organisation
- Experience working with critical data
- The ability to assess potential threat scenarios and where they would come from
- Knowledge of major compliance frameworks such as NIST, PCI-DSS and ISO27001
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Organisational change management and business process engineering
Certifications such as CRISC, CISSP, CISM or equivalent would be beneficial but not imperative to the position.
This role will be best suited to someone comfortable working in an interchangeable environment and able to ‘think on their feet’, this will also be ideal for someone who is able to work with multiple areas of the business to ensure the Risk appetite aligns with business needs.
The successful applicant will be given the opportunity to really make a difference to the organisation and their structure moving forward, and also the chance to develop and progress their career within the company as internal progression is very much encouraged.