OT Cyber Security Consultant
OT Cyber Security Consultant – Remote based with occasional travel to Staffordshire and UK wide customer sites.
With a focus on operational technology and digital transformation, my client in question, who are part of a global Group, has been a leader in advanced system integration for decades; optimising efficiency & delivering performance on a massive scale. They work in some of the most highly regulated and challenging industrial environments, and have delivered critical projects across energy, water, renewables, manufacturing and nuclear.
Summary of Role:
Due to increased workload – My client is looking to recruit an experienced Industrial Automation & Control Systems (Operational Technology) Cyber Security Consultant into the team and hit the ground running to work on live and upcoming projects.
- Design and secure operational technology networks across a range of industries.
- Solve complex digital and operational security problems facing Industrial Control Systems (ICS) used within the nation’s critical infrastructure cyber-landscape.
- Assess the robustness of cybersecurity architectures, technologies, and procedures being implemented within customer facilities.
- Design comprehensive technical solutions that meet client requirements and implement the appropriate tools, technologies & processes to mitigate critical security risks (e.g., system and mobile antivirus software, encryption modules, patch management programs, insider threat protection, incident response plans, forensic capabilities, and regulation compliance).
- Conduct vulnerability assessments and administrative audits on client computer systems and network devices considering the sensitivity of Operational Technology testing.
- Lead collaboration efforts with other cybersecurity experts on team to develop well-constructed approaches to ICS risk management, mitigation, and monitoring strategies.
- Mentor younger members of the team regarding ICS OT cybersecurity, Infrastructure & Network Engineering.
- Must be prepared to travel.
- Provide input to assist with business development opportunities and provide Project Management of newly won contracts, including leading through all phases of the project or work cycle.
- BS degree in a computer or system science discipline from an accredited college or university and 5+ years of progressive, relevant experience.
- 5+ years’ experience with cyber security technologies with at least 2 years serving critical infrastructure/industrial control systems (ICS) to include SCADA HCI systems, PLCs, RTUs, etc.
- Ability to apply skills across a broad range of domains to include Chemical, Water, Oil and Gas, Energy.
- Experience with securing systems running ICS-related communications protocols (e.g., MODBUS, OPC, DNP3, etc.).
- Experience securing cross-domain IT/OT communications and interfaces.
- Experience designing & configuring secure networks (Switching, Routing, Firewalls).
- Experience engineering security solutions for real-time and/or performance-sensitive systems.
- Experience creating Functional Design Specifications and Detailed Infrastructure, Network and Cyber Security Specifications.
- Experience completing system assessments and security audits based on technical security frameworks such as NIST 800-53/800-82, ISO 27001, IEC 62433, HSE OG-86, NIS-D etc.
- Experience and good understanding of Capula’s capability, markets and service offering.
- Able to demonstrate stakeholder management and the ability to develop effective relationships at all levels.
- Build and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external customers and key business stakeholders.
- A drive for outstanding customer service and high-performance culture.
- The ability to gain and maintain SC clearance.