Senior Cyber Security Consultant
Are you a passionate Cyber Security Professional looking to work for a global Financial Services company with a leading Cyber Security consultancy Function? I am currently recruiting for Senior Consultants and Consultants within the Advisory Team.
This is an exciting opportunity for candidates with experience in technical security architecture and threat modelling, among other cybersecurity advisory services, who are looking for new challenges to make a step up and develop their career in a growing professional services team. You will be part of a team that delivers challenging client projects in an exciting work environment that pairs a healthy combination of autonomy and senior level support, with a significant investment in your learning and professional development.
The international Security Advisory team specialises in advising senior and executive management on strategy and tactics in domains including
governance, risk, security and resilience maturity, and business and technical security architecture. This is an ideal opportunity for someone
who enjoys performing complex technical work, interacting with clients and contributing to the growth of knowledge and skills in the team.
Are you someone who enjoys performing complex technical work, interacting with clients and contributing to the growth of knowledge and skills in the team? This role would suit a Senior Consultant or Manager with Consultancy experience looking to take the next step in their career and help a globally recognised business build a new, highly-visible, team.
Job Responsibilities for the Senior Cyber Security Consultant
As a Senior Consultant, you will be expected to mentor more junior colleagues during an initial period after which you can expect to get involved in:
- Delivering Security Advisory services to our clients, as part of a team.
Liaising with client representatives and other team members to produce high quality deliverables.
- Ability to work independently.
- Contributing to our methodologies and collaborating with colleagues to help deliver our client's requirements.
- Documenting technical issues identified during security and risk assessments.
Instructor-led and self-guided training activities, including you working towards attaining company-funded security certifications.
- Working in accordance with the Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Limited policies,
including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business,
interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Desirable Skills & Experience for the Senior Cyber Security Consultant
- 3-5 years in Cyber/Information Security, including 1-2 years' experience in building and assessing secure solutions encompassing people, process, technology and environment domains.
- Self-motivated, with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to pick up new concepts and skills quickly, with a proactive attitude to learning.
- Degree from an accredited University or equivalent.
- Knowledge of common security frameworks and standards (e.g NIST, ISO 27k series).
- Knowledge and understanding of risk assessment activities.
- Knowledge and understanding of security architecture and/or threat modelling activities (experience ideal).
- Analytic, qualitative, and quantitative reasoning skills and demonstrated creative problem-solving abilities.
- Very good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience or desire to work within Cyber Security Assessments and Cyber Frameworks.
- Experience in a professional services consulting environment.
- Good presentation skills (including the ability to present basic technical matters clearly and concisely).
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams and physical locations, and flexibility to travel.
The following items are not required but would be considered a differentiator
- Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other relevant subjects.
- Risk, Security, or Assurance certifications (CISA/CISMP, AWS Solutions Architect / Microsoft Azure Architect (Technologies/Design),
MCA, ISO 27001 Lead Auditor, CCRMP etc).
- A good understanding of Unix, Windows and network security.
- Coding ability in modern programming languages (Python, Kotlin, Java, C#, Swift etc).
- Fluency in an additional Western European language, other than English.