Senior Security Engineer – Detect & Respond
More and more organisations are seeking to work proactively against threats rather than reactively, and as such are moving towards a Detect & Respond stance as opposed to waiting for alerts and reacting accordingly.
With that in mind, i'm working with a global identification organisation to bring a Senior Security Engineer into their organisation in the Detect & Respond function.
The role will entail performing incident triage, design and deployment of cloud native monitoring tools and working closely with the Threat Intelligence teams to establish potential threats. You will also identify and report risks to the Director / C-Suite whilst advising on improvements.
This will be a hands-on role with the opportunity for future progression into a Lead position. Continuous learning and self-development is actively encouraged as well as collaboration with the worldwide team to share knowledge.
In terms of the technical side of things, experience with:
* Familiarity with AWS, Linux and IDS such as Suricata
* Automation using Terraform or Python programming
* Threat monitoring in Cloud environments (AWS preferred)
* Experience with the likes of Kubernetes and Docker
* Ability to help design a global security monitoring framework
* Good knowledge of dealing with Advanced Persistent Threats (APT), cybercriminals, malware and targeted phishing
Certifications from the likes of GIAC or equivalent would certainly go a long way to support any applications but are not essential. Experience and the right attitude are more important.
The role can be fully remote with an expected salary up to 80k, plus a self-development budget of 2-3k per year, upto 10% bonus and other benefits.